Monday 4 May 2015

post xenophobic attacks in SA


Last night I was talking with one of my friends from home (Cameroon) about the on going xenophobic attacks  in South Africa. She asked me a question which I could categorised as a very important question about the on going violence attack on foreigners here in SA and her question was..'will the attackers be punished and the victim compensated? I was silence for a some minutes because I haven't heard of any form of compensation from the SA Government.

But heard from media houses all over the country like Etv and SABC the government will help in repatriating those who want to go back to theirs countries and integrate those with valid papers back to their communities here in SA.

But I do believe damage to anyone's property whether your a foreigner or not wherr ever you find yourself is liable to  some form of compensation. I know the next question on people's minds will be...where those shops insured?

According to news24 the Nigerian federal government could be asking south African to pay more than R5 million in compensation but it was not mentioned whether it's in  rands or neira. The president of the Nigerian union in SA (NUSA) Ike Anyene said the compensation matter would be raised at the next meeting of the SA-Nigeria Binational Commission. It is very important to note that both countries have a great deal of economic and political ties.

 Apart from nigerians other victims like Emmanuel sithole who was brutally killed by four locals who are believe to be his neighbours was transported to his home country Mozambique on Friday.  He was the bread winner in his family like many others shop owners whose shops were looted.

Yes many arrest have been made but what happens to the victims especially those who wish to continue staying here in South Africa. Can Zuma and his ministers  see deeply into that. I have said my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment